martes, 8 de septiembre de 2026

Seeing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time return for a new generation made me think about just how much this game has meant to me throughout my life.


A few weeks ago, I was messaging with a childhood friend, the very same friend who lent me his copy of Ocarina of Time back when we were in school.


I was telling him that this game was probably one of the biggest influences that led me to dedicate my professional life to creativity, storytelling, and creating worlds and characters through illustration and animation.


Looking back at it so many years later, I find it interesting to recognize all the good it left in me. Among other things, it strengthened that desire to live a life with purpose, in service of others and for something greater than myself.


Some of the game’s greatest strengths are its music, its storytelling, and an atmosphere that made you genuinely want to visit that world. As a kid, it also challenged me to solve problems by exploring, asking questions, and paying close attention—and to persevere despite the difficulty and despite failing over and over again.


I think that, as with so many things we encounter throughout life, I can look back with discernment and be grateful for the good I found in them. It reminds me of the simple principle Paul expresses in 1 Thessalonians 5:21: “Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.”


And I think that sums up pretty well what I do today when I look back on this game: hold on to the good.


For all those reasons and because I’m really excited to see what they’ve done with this new version for a new generation I made this illustration as fan art. It’s not something I usually do, but for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, it just felt right.


Ver a The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time regresar para una nueva generación me hizo pensar en lo mucho que este juego ha significado para mí a lo largo de mi vida.


Unas semanas atrás hablaba por mensajes con un amigo de la infancia, quien fue justamente el que me prestó en la escuela su copia de Ocarina of Time.


Le decía que este juego fue posiblemente una de las influencias más grandes para que terminara dedicando mi vida profesional a la creatividad, a contar historias y a crear mundos y personajes por medio de la ilustración y la animación.


Mirándolo tantos años después, me resulta interesante reconocer todo lo bueno que dejó en mí. Entre otras cosas, potenció ese sentimiento de vivir una vida con propósito, al servicio de los demás y en función de un bien mayor.


Es un juego cuyas grandes fortalezas están en su música, su narrativa y una atmósfera que lograba hacerte sentir que realmente querías visitar ese mundo. También me retó, siendo niño, a resolver problemas investigando, preguntando y observando detenidamente; y a perseverar a pesar de la dificultad y de perder una y otra vez.


Creo que, como con tantas cosas que encontramos a lo largo de la vida, puedo mirar atrás con discernimiento y quedarme agradecido por aquello bueno que encontré en ellas. Me recuerda a ese principio sencillo que Pablo expresa en 1 Tesalonicenses 5:21: “Examínenlo todo cuidadosamente, retengan lo bueno”.


Y creo que eso resume bastante bien lo que hago hoy al recordar este juego: retener lo bueno.


Por todo eso, y porque me emociona mucho ver qué han hecho con esta nueva versión para las nuevas generaciones, hice esta ilustración como fan art. Es algo que usualmente no hago, pero que para The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time simplemente tenía sentido hacer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario